1. Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?
2. Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist,
but a person who drives a race car not called a racist?
3. Why are wise men and wise guys opposites?
4. If people from Poland are called Poles,
why aren’t people from Holland called Holes?
5. If you take an Oriental person and spin him around several times,
does he become disoriented?
6. Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?
7. Why isn’t 11 pronounced onety one?
8. Why is it when two planes almost hit each other it is called a near
miss? Shouldn’t it be called a near hit?
9. Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
10. Why is it that when you transport something by car, it’s called a
shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it’s called cargo?
11. Why is it called a TV set when you only get one?
12. Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
13. Why does an alarm clock go off when it begins ringing?
14. Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result is the same?
15. Why is it called a building when it is already built?
16. Why do they call them apartments when they are all stuck together?
17. Why does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing?
18. How can someone draw a blank?
19. Why are they called stands when they’re made for sitting?
20. How do you know it’s an ENDLESS LOOP?