Kit Siang No.1 Racist – Part 2
Posted March 17, 2017on:
We have read yesterday how a selectively absent-minded person has forgotten how racist Lim Kit Siang is..
Lim Kit Siang can try distance himself from the 13 May 1969 incident but his racist traits predates the incident.
On Sunday 1 December 1968, five months before the 13 May 1969 incident, Lim Kit Siang incited the Chinese at a DAP rally at the Salak South New Village by announcing the ‘Serdang 20 Points‘.
Among the 20 points demanded by Lim Kit Siang were:
- LAND to be given to all landless, regardless of race. The only yardstick should be need.
The fact that since its establishment 18 years ago, no land had been allocated to the villagers in the Serdang Bahru new village is a terrible indictment on the racialism and incompetence of the Alliance government on the question of land administration and distribution.
- ABOLITION of the division of Malaysians into ‘Bumiputeras’ and ‘Non-Bumiputeras’.
- OFFICIAL STATUS to be granted to Chinese, Tamil and English with Malay as the sole national language to be the common language of expression and communication among Malaysians.
- FREE USE of Chinese, Tamil and English in the Parliament, State Assemblies and in public notices and government correspondence.
- REPUDIATION of the Abdul Rahman Talib Education Report which seeks to convert all schools, whether primary or secondary, into schools of exclusively Malay-media in instruction and examination.
- ABOLITION of the distinction between ‘national’ and ‘national-type’ schools.
- ADOPTION of an integrated education system, with the major language as media of instruction and examination, and their recognition as ‘national’ schools so long as they are Malaysian-oriented and teach the National Language as a compulsory second language.
- ACCEPTANCE of Malaysian literature, all writing by Malaysians on Malaysian themes, irrespective of the language used, whether Malay, Chinese, Tamil or English.
If you still remember the moment the Barisan Alternatif came into power in Perak, Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin who was the DAP-chosen Menteri Besar then awarded a 999-year freehold status to 60,000 lots of land at new villages in the state.
Nizar became a loyal Kit Siang servant by realising part of the latter’s dreams.
Three months after making the 20-point declaration, Kit Siang criticised the Assistant Education Minister, Encik Lee Siok Yew who in his speech at the Sekolah Rendah Jenis Kebangsaan (Cina) Yoke Nam, encouraged the Chinese to converse in the National Language at home.
Accusing Encik Lee Siok Yew and the MCA of selling Chinese interests to the Malays, Kit Siang said that UMNO fanatics will not permit the other languages free growth, and that is why they (UMNO) do not permit the use of Chinese and other languages in the Parliament, State Assemblies, correspondence with government, public notices, and as a media of instruction and examination in schools.
Ultimately according to Kit Siang, the UMNO fanatics want to see the end of the Chinese and other languages altogether – so that in public places, shops, homes, only the National Language is used.
That is the behaviour of Kit Siang who an absent-minded old man says is not a racist. Thus it is hoped that we will all remember our history and the few who do not wish to see the next generations live together in peace and harmony.
May we do not forget easily like some.
1 Response to "Kit Siang No.1 Racist – Part 2"
Comments are closed.